Problem with Ghost Clients

Jarrod Hodder Jarrod.Hodder at pmg.net.au
Thu Mar 5 03:06:01 CET 2009

Hey Guys,

Every few months I get the same problem. Each time I am on the webpage
and I go to Reports >> Ghost Clients, I get the following error message.

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at localhost and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

________________________________

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.10.22 Port 80

I had a look at my apache logs and the follow error is in there

.: 34: Can't open /var/run/hobbit/bbdisp-runtime.cfg

[Thu Mar 05 12:52:37 2009] [error] [client 192.168.10.85] Premature end
of script headers: hobbit-ghosts.sh, referer:
http://192.168.10.22/hobbit/

The ghost clients had worked before, but after a few months of use it
just dies.

I had a look for /var/run/hobbit/bbdisp-runtime.cfg but it doesn't
exist. It looks like it never has, so I don't know how it could have run
fine before without this file. This makes me think they are 2 different
errors.

My hobbit-ghosts.sh, file hasn't changed. I don't edit them.

This is hobbit-ghosts.sh

#!/bin/sh

# This is the Hobbit wrapper for the ghosts CGI

include () { . $1 ; }

. /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg

. /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

export HOBBITMENU

 exec /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/hobbit-ghosts.cgi $CGI_GHOSTS_OPTS

I cannot see any major problems in the Hobbit log files.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Jarrod