[hobbit] ncv/splitncv question(s)

Wally.nl hobbit at general-failure.com
Wed Mar 4 11:26:18 CET 2009

> What do you want, exactly ?

Something impossible probably :)

I want multiple graphs with 2 lines each and I get the feeling that
SPLITNCV is limited to 1 line / graph.

I hope the attached screenshots clarify things. If I send status for just
1 lun there is no problem (attached SingleGraph.jpg), I get a column, RRD
file and working graph. If I send the data for multiple luns I get
multiple columns (attached columns.jpg) instead of a single one (even if I
send it in "lun,<#>" format like 'disk' seems to do). But a bigger issue
is that I don't get any RRD files/graphs if I do that. It appears that the
NCV logic is limited to 1 RRD/graph somehow where I was hoping it would be
as flexible as the disk monitor.

What I would like as an end-result is a single 'lun' column which
'unfolds' like disk into multiple graphs something like the attached
'MultipleMockup.jpg' although I thing that even the graph title is an
issue since it doesn't like parse stuff like @RRDFN@ in the title field.

I _really_ hope someone has some form of solution/workaround/patch/ideas.

Wally.nl