[hobbit] Debugging issues with bb-histlog.sh on 4.3.0

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Thu Jun 25 02:24:17 CEST 2009

T.J. Yang wrote:
> I am experiencing same problem but it is on a  4.2.0 server.
> If you like, we can work together to debug this issue.
> This bug is listed on my hobbit deployment todo list .

> From: "Alan Sparks" <asparks at doublesparks.net>
>> I've some "random" failures on bb-histlog.sh, viewing items in the bb2
>> event log.  Some work as expected, but some when clicked appear to do
>> nothing.  Hitting the URL for that (say
>> http://den2sch17/hobbit-cgi/bb-histlog.sh?HOST=den1ws063&SERVICE=nfs&TIMEBUF=Mon_Jun_22_18:46:39_2009)
>>
>> with curl shows a zero-length reply.  Checking the Apache error log
>> shows "Premature end of script headers: bb-histlog.sh, referer:
>> http://den2sch17/hobbit/bb2.html".  I have found no core files left
>> behind.

Well, I have mixed luck running under GDB... looking at the code, saw it
was trying to get the CGI info from the environment so set some
environment variables to fake up enough CGI environment to get it to
run.  But mostly wound up getting segfaults in expand_env on the
HTMLCONTENTTYPE stuff.

But I stumbled upon something that fixed my problem -- but not sure
why.  I edited the cgi-bin/bb-histlog.sh file, and added
"cd /tmp" before the meat of the script.  For some reason, I now seem to
have no issues.
-Alan