[hobbit] how to trigger in column "msgs" ???

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Jun 23 13:49:40 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 08:06:27 Cayo de Moraes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> im trying to do an easy thing but its not working. I've been looking in the
> client-local.cfg manual but it doesnt helped a lot.
>
> What i want to do is:
> -monitor a logfile (like as usual by the column msgs) which is usualy
> empty. -trigger the status as soon as the logfile get a line --> then it
> should become red!!!

Do you need to see the contents of the log file or not?

If you just want to alert on the file being non-empty, you may prefer to use a
FILES check, alerting with 'size>0'.

> What i tried to do:
> -put some lines like: "trigger allert", "* COLOR=red" etc... in the
> client-local.cfg --> didnt work

client-local.cfg should just list which log files should be checked on the
client. The pattern to alert on should go in hobbit-clients.cfg. Please
include the entire section from the relevant config files, otherwise it is
difficult to assist (the snippets you provide wouldn't work on their own ...).

> ps: I'm trying to do this in the Hobbit-Server... should i change the
> config in the client also?

No. Please read the client-local.cfg man page.