Faulty downtime

Martha McConaghy URMM at VM.MARIST.EDU
Thu Jun 18 16:13:14 CEST 2009

We're running the 4.3.0.0-beta2 level of Xymon, but saw this problem with
the previous beta level too.  The downtime option in bb-hosts does not seem
to work for servers that are running a Xymon client.  No matter how you set
it (i.e. what days or times), the tests never go blue.  It does show up as
planned downtime when you display the "Info" about the server, but it never
actually happens.  (Consequently, alerts are generated during the outage
time.)

The downtime option works fine for servers that are not running a client,
though.

Has anyone else seen this?  I suspect this is a bug.  Any ideas how to
work around it?

Martha McConaghy
Marist College IT