[hobbit] xmon 4.3beta2 - Bug with --tooltips=never

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Wed Jun 17 17:09:29 CEST 2009

Alan Sparks wrote:
> I have added the documented option "--tooltips=never" to my BBGENOPTS
> setting.  Documented behavior is to show the COMMENT next to the host
> name (same as with Hobbit 4.2).  However, in 4.3 this also is showing
> the value of any DESCR tag on the host, which is not compatible
> behavior, and is ugly (the DESCR value used to be only included on the
> INFO page).
> -Alan

The man page for 4.3beta2 ( 4.2.3) states:

      --tooltips=[always,never,main]
           Determines  which  pages  use  tooltips  to  show   the
           description  of the host (from the COMMENT entry in the
           bb-hosts(5) file). If set to always, tooltips are  used
           on all pages. If set to never, tooltips are never used.
           If set to main, tooltips are used on  the  main  pages,
           but not on the BB2 (all non-green) or NK (critical sys-
           tems) pages.

Missing in this text is the default setting which corresponds to
--tooltips=main. This is the setting we use.

Ie tried --tooltips=never and now see the COMMENT value after the
hostname which is the correct behaviour (see bb-hosts(5)). The DESCR
values only show up in the info column.

Dominique