Xymon Proxy for 'conn'

Root, Paul Paul.Root at qwest.com
Fri Jun 12 21:20:45 CEST 2009

Hi,
	I've brought up a xymon proxy to get monitoring on some machines that are a couple firewalls away from my main servers.
That works fine.

	What I would like to do now is to have my 'conn' monitor (with fping) monitor some machines that are behind a firewall from my server. This firewall will allow the 1984 traffic, but not a ping.

	So can I get my bbproxy to do the fping and forward that info to the main server?

	Currently, my bbproxy is not running hobbitd. I'm kind of thinking that if I enabled hobbitd to just listen on localhost, and the bbproxy on the real ethernet, I could get the fping, and have bbproxy forward to localhost, and the real servers.

	Does that make sense? Any special config for that, or basically just the --listen=127.0.0.1, and regular proxy stuff?

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul Root
612-664-3385