[hobbit] Hobbit startup script.

HUBBARD, GREG ((EDS)) ghubbard at hp.com
Fri Jun 5 15:11:36 CEST 2009

Find something simple (like the syslog startup script) and hack it into a xymon startup script.  For the start command, "su - hobbit -c <wherever>runclient.sh".

Here is an example that I use:

#!/sbin/sh
#
#       Greg Hubbard, EDS, January 2006
#
#       Made from Solaris syslog startup script

BBHOME=/app/hobbit/client; export BBHOME
BBUSER=xymon; export BBUSER
HOST="`uname -n`.domain.com"

case "$1" in
'start')
        if [ -f $BBHOME/runclient.sh ]; then
                echo 'Hobbit client starting.'
                #
                su - $BBUSER -c "cd $BBHOME; ./runclient.sh --hostname=$HOST start"
        fi
        ;;

'stop')
        if [ -f $BBHOME/runclient.sh ]; then

                su - $BBUSER -c "cd $BBHOME; ./runclient.sh stop"
        fi
        ;;

*)
        echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
This is for a client.  The server startup is similar, except it runs the server startup script.  This is not the most clever or elaborate of scripts, but it does work for me.