[hobbit] Intelligent alerting across multiple servers?

Patrick Nixon pnixon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 03:14:19 CEST 2009

Oh wow, I must have been in space when I thought about that.

In the standard hobbit-alerts, you are not able to do what I just mentioned.

However, using an external paging script, you can use the 'bb query
HOSTNAME.TESTNAME' command, get the status from secondary server2 for
primary server1 and send the alert to it's destination if server1 is
down.   Otherwise discard the alert.

Sorry for the bad lead.