[hobbit] Xymon CentOS 5 installation

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Tue Jul 21 14:28:04 CEST 2009

Hi Guys

Ok got the RHEL packages installed. I got the RRDTool downloaded from the http://daig.wieers.com/rpm/packages. I look at the service configuration and can see xymon listed there(KDE app) and it Xymon is reported as started. However top | grep xymon does not return anything.

Also the website gives me a directory listing which means Xymon aint running. My question is.. does the RPM packages configure the Xymon server as well as install  the server?

I am not familiar with RPM at all so some input will be appreciated.

Regards
Neil