ftp/mssql red all the time. fine with previous version.

Leon Volfson leon at one.co.il
Tue Jul 21 13:34:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a few questions, I hope someone can help me.

I've been using Hobbit for almost 2 years now and it was version 4.2 on
Ubuntu 6.06.

Last week I decided to replace the whole thing and installed the latest
4.3.0-beta2 from a deb package on Ubuntu 8.04.1.

Since then I have some problems.

ftp is always "red" on both servers I have this check on.

And so is mssql I defined in bb-services like this:

[mssql]
   options telnet
   port 1433

this also happens on both servers I check.

I still have my old server and both the tests are working great. The
configuration was copied from the old bb-services and bb-hosts files.

The environment (firewalls, etc.) had not changed.

At first I suspected the manually added services, but I also have this:

[port80]
   options telnet
   port 80

and it works great.

The other question is regarding the linux hobbit client. I have a
cluster of Squids behind a pfSense firewall.

There's a hobbit client installed on every server.

With the old Hobbit version, the Squids would sometimes transmit a
truncated msg. But I never gave it too much thought.

But with the new version of Xymon, I see those Squids constantly with
cpu purple, or worse - disks red. Of course, after a few minutes/hours
it comes back to normal,

but why would it happen in the first place? By the way, regarding the
disks:

red Mon Jul 20 23:32:36 IDT 2009 - Filesystems NOT ok
&red 29337532       8% / (2309340% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)
&red 15009444      58% /var/spool/squid (20533208% used) has reached the PANIC level (95%)

Filesystem         1024-blocks
   ]sed Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/sda1             33326464   2309340  29337532       8% /
/dev/sdb1             35542652  20533208  15009444      58% /var/spool/squid

How is this even possible?

Anyone has any idea? I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Lenny.