[hobbit] hobbitd using up CPU

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at carquest.com
Mon Jul 20 18:22:38 CEST 2009

>I'm running hobbit 4.2.3 inside a Solaris 10 Zone on a sun v240 and noticing
high CPU load.

>Is this normal?  Are others seeing hobbitd rack up loads of CPU time?

No, this is not normal.  Well, it may depend on how many hosts Xymon is monitoring...

Check your process listing for each hobbitd that has a high CPU load and check the corresponding log files for issues.

Do you see anything unusual on your trend page for you Xymon server?

Also check your bbgen and bbtest status results for your Xymon server.

Craig