[hobbit] Reg- Working manual for BBWIN

DKDeckert at Hormel.com DKDeckert at Hormel.com
Tue Jul 14 15:28:47 CEST 2009

Have you had any issues with the system/security logs flooding xymon?

  From:       "Neil Franken" <nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za>

  To:         <hobbit at hswn.dk>

  Date:       07/14/2009 08:26 AM

  Subject:    RE: [hobbit] Reg- Working manual for BBWIN

Hi There

I am monitoring mostly windows servers with BBwin. I would suggest that
you read the help file included with the program. This would be located
in a folder like this C:\Program Files\BBWin\doc by default but if you
installed it somewhere else then go look there.

"The begin with BBwin" section of the CHM file explains what you need to
do.

Basically there are a couple of steps after installing to get it to work
with XyMon

Server Side Step
1) Edit the bb-hosts file under the /xymon/server/etc directory and add
the new windows machine in there e.g. 172.27.1.1             XPserv1

Client Side Step
1) Edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BBWin\hostname key on the
WindowsXP box and the name as you configured it in Xymon's hosts file
i.e.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BBWin\hostname  XPserv1

2) Edit the BBwin.cfg file in the etc directory of your BBwin
installation
 Change this setting to your xymon server IP Address <setting
name="bbdisplay" value="1.1.1.1:1984" />

3) Start BBwin and give it 5 or so minutes and you will see data flowing
to the xymon server.

If you need more help let me know. I can also help you with developing
your own custom plug-ins for xymon.

Cheers
Neil