Solaris Client Install

mv652 at softhome.net mv652 at softhome.net
Mon Jul 6 11:19:52 CEST 2009

This is my second 'main' question that I have split.

I am trying to setup a Xymon 4.3.0 client on a Solaris 10 system, but it
fails during compiling after I run 'make'.

The main problem seems to be with "ld", but I'd appreciate your opinions if
I have something major missing or misconfigured.

The "configure client" before 'make' runs ok, except for an error message
after "Checking for Large File Support":
Checking for Large File Support ...
ERROR: LFS support check failed for standard file support

Checking for clock_gettime() requiring librt ...
clock_gettime() requires librt

I am defintiely using GNU make:
# /usr/local/bin/make -v
GNU Make 3.81

gcc was already pre-installed:
$ /usr/local/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
 --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

The error during 'make' is:
... <output truncated>
config.h created
loadhosts.c: In function `bbh_find_item':
loadhosts.c:228: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
loadhosts.c: In function `bbh_item_id':
loadhosts.c:619: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
msort.c: In function `msort':
msort.c:119: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible pointer
type
main
/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/crt1.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to setup-newfiles
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [setup-newfiles] Error 1
make: *** [build-build] Error 2

Advice or points in the right direction appreciated..

Mario