Hobbit and bb-sar.sh

Tainted Soul tainted.soul69 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:38:20 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been raised numerous times.  Most of the threads I see are
way back in 2006 or earlier so hoping things have progressed nicely since
then.

Basically I want sar graphs in Hobbit/Xymon  4.2.3.  I have just recently
migrated from BigBrother and this is about the only thing left to do.  I
followed the instructions on the following page :
http://xymonton.trantor.org/doku.php/reports:xymonpdf

The SAR column appears, I click on a say the CPU graph and the picture shows
but there is no activity whatsoever.  It's just a blank graph?  Now I ran
'sar -A 1 1' and dont see "Average" as mentioned in the following paragraph.

Quote:
** Watch out for the locale used on your system !! All my systems are
configured with english locale and so are my scripts. If something is not
working, please check the output of a 'sar' command ('sar -A 1 1') and seek
for the word 'Average'. This word is used in my 'extragraph.sh' script to
extract the infos…*

Has anyone had this issue or have an idea what is going on.  All help
appreciated.

And thanks to those for all their hard work on Hobbit/Xymon.

Regards
Shaun