bbnet and bbdisplay

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 01:10:11 CET 2009

Hi,

Glad to see hobbit/xymon is still alive and kicking. I've just dumped Nagios after spending hours knee-deep in config files and still finding that I can't get it to do what I want reliably.

My question is: Please can someone point me at some documentation for setting up a multiple monitoring-host environment using bbnet servers and a bbdisplay server? I am looking to setup a bbnet for each remote site which will feed back to the bbdisplay at our office.

Thanks,
Malcolm

P.S. Is there a plan to s/Hobbit/Xymon/g through the code in the near future or do I go ahead and hack away :)?
--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team
KDE British English Translation Team