[hobbit] testing remote hosts with different source address

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 19 11:11:36 CET 2009

In <496E5D56.80400 at netartis.com> Lorenzo Chiavacci <lchiavacci at netartis.com> writes:

>I am using Hobbitmon 4.2 and I would like to set up a system with
>multiple IP addresses on network interface so that I can perform test to
>some hosts through an IP address and other tests through another IP
>address, and  so  on with multiple address aliases.

It's not in the current version, but I do have code for this in
the current development version. There is a patch available at
http://henrik.hswn.dk/srcaddr.patch - this should apply to the 4.2.2
version:
  - save the file to /tmp/srcaddr.patch
  - cd xymon-4.2.2
  - patch -p0 < /tmp/srcaddr.patch
  - make
  - cp bbnet/bbtest-net ~xymon/server/bin/

With this patch, you can specify the source address using "@IP"
in the test-spec in bb-hosts. E.g.

  10.0.0.1   myhost   # ftp at 172.16.1.1 ssh

will cause the ftp-test to run with a source-address of 172.16.1.1

It doesn't support specifying the source for http/https tests.