[hobbit] hobbitd_rrd crash in trunk

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 19 10:36:54 CET 2009

In <496C8738.4090604 at gmail.com> Olivier Beau <obeau79 at gmail.com> writes:

>ok, i understand this column

>here is the backtrace :
>(i'm running debian 4.0, 32bit)

>$ gdb bin/hobbitd_rrd tmp/core
>Core was generated by `hobbitd_rrd --rrddir=/data/hobbit/data/rrd
>--extra-script=/data/hobbit/server/e'.
>Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
>#0  0xb7f72410 in ?? ()
>(gdb) bt
>#0  0xb7f72410 in ?? ()
>#1  0xbfbe576c in ?? ()
>#2  0x00000006 in ?? ()
>#3  0x000017c0 in ?? ()
>#4  0xb7c42811 in raise () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
>#5  0xb7c43fb9 in abort () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
>#6  0x0806d9d1 in sigsegv_handler (signum=11) at sig.c:58
>#7  0xb7f72420 in ?? ()
>#8  0x0000000b in ?? ()
>#9  0x00000033 in ?? ()
>#10 0x00000000 in ?? ()

Yuck, not much help there - I was hoping there would be some more
meaningful stuff in there.

Since this happens regularly, could you try running hobbitd_rrd
for a while with debugging enabled ? Either restart it with the
"--debug" option, or do a "killall -USR2 hobbitd_rrd" while it is
running (the USR2 signal toggles debugging output on/off). The
debug output goes to the normal hobbitd_rrd logfile (rrd-status.log
or rrd-data.log).