A new year and I still can't get Xymon to send emails

Greg Filter mr.greg.filter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:20:10 CET 2009

Hello:

I have limited experience with Linux but I am trying.

I have set up Xymon on both a Debian system and on a server running Ubuntu.
The main part of the program works great. The information I am getting on
the webpage is working fine.
I am having trouble with sending alerts.

I have setup a false alarm in Xymon so one server always appears down.
In /var/log/hobbit/notifcations.log it appears the alert emails are being
sent.

In my domain I have a separate Windows server running Exchange.
When I use the mail or mailx on the Linux servers emails are sent to
addresses in my domain and to the gmail account specified in
hobbits-alerts.cfg.

Yet no alerts or emails from Xymon. Any suggestions?

Sincerely, G Filter
Indianapolis, IN