[hobbit] Is there a "proper" way to prune logs?

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:42:35 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell at baywinds.org> wrote:

> I've been up a long time and I didn't see it in the docs
>
> Thanks in advance, especially if I'm being stupid

see man trimhistory:

DESCRIPTION
     The trimhistory tool is used to purge old entries  from  the
     Hobbit  history  logs. These logfiles accumulate information
     about all status changes that have occurred  for  any  given
     service,  host,  or the entire Hobbit system, and is used to
     generate the event- and history-log webpages.

Steve.
--
The lame man who keeps the right road outstrips the runner who takes a wrong
one. The more active and swift the latter is, the further he will go astray.

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)