[hobbit] Problems with hobbitgraph... sometimes...

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Feb 27 07:30:35 CET 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009, David Masterson (damaster) wrote:
> I think I'm missing something...
>
> I've setup xymon 4.2.2 on my systems and it seems to be mostly working.
> However, I think there is a problem with the graphing.  Hobbitgraph
> doesn't seem to be generating graphs for most of my columns -- there is
> just the magnifying lense icon at the bottom of the detail page where
> there should be a graph.  I can't prove it now, but I have a feeling
> that there was graphs at the bottom of these pages when I originally set
> it up, but that the graphs disappeared when the entry moved from
> "Recent" to "Last change > 24 hours".  When I go to the detail page,
> there is a "hobbitgraph" link at the bottom which quickly disappears
> (just leaving the magnifying lense icon).  I don't see any errors, but
> maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
>
> What am I missing?
I use konqueror for debugging graphing browser.
Konqueror shows an icon when a graph is broken.  So there is always something
to click on.  Right click on that icon popup a menu where you can
select 'View image'.  If you have the exact url, you can wget it from the
command line and download the image.
Most of the time with broken images, some error message is returned and not an
image.  The problem is that most browsers discard this message and the only
way to see this is messge is download the url with wget.

Stef