New Hobbit server install validation

Rafal Roginela Rafal.Roginela at AmeriCashLoans.net
Fri Feb 20 22:30:17 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have a 4.2 install of Hobbit up and running and I am very happy with
it. It runs on an old Gateway workstation with a Celeron and 512MB and
performs stellar! CentOs 5 nothing fancy. I was going to move it to a
more recent piece of hardware a Dell OptiPlex 320, which at least it is
under warranty. I had the Idea of running it as a Xen VM on a Debian
host. Is this a bad idea?

Clarification of purpose: I'm really not going to run anything else on
the Xen except for this one VM and maybe and I mean maybe a test xymon
VM directly replicated from the working production VM. This is to
provide me with a quick failover ability of copying the image (from
backup or if the HD is intact directly from there) to another Xen host
and BLAMO xymon is running within minutes.

Does this sound OK? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Rafal Roginela
Network Engineer

AmeriCash Loans, LLC