[hobbit] link bb_footer missing

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at gpi.com
Wed Feb 18 15:48:58 CET 2009

>I believe this is related to the problem reported by Paul Moore on
>2008/10/20.  It was titled "hobbitcgi-cfg CGI_HOSTS_OPT mistype".
>
>Brief summary:
>1. hobbit-ghosts.cgi
>CGI_GHOSTS_OPT="--env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"
>should read
>CGI_GHOSTS_OPTS="--env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"
>(missing S on OPTS)
>
>2. Adding CGI_NOTIFYLOG_OPTS variable to hobbitcgi.cfg.  This variable is
>referenced in hobbit-notifylog.sh.
>
>3. The RELEASENOTES reference CGI_GHOSTS_OPT (S missing) and is missing the
>CGI_NOTIFYLOG_OPTS variable.
>
>Because of these issues it causes the footer to not appear.  I have not
>actually looked at the newer versions (4.3.0 or 4.2.3, but I suspect this is
>the same issue).
>
>Robert

Ah.  Yes,
CGI_GHOSTS_OPTS="--env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"

Is an issue.  I added that and my ghost clients report screen is no longer all blue, I have the blue bar on the left.  I still have "link bb_footer" showing though.

Looking further it seems to be the last level html page with an issue.  i.e. bb2.html does not have any pages below it, it has an issue.
Page "oracle" has clients listed on it, so it does not have a problem.

The "conn" page for a  host has the link bb_footer issue.

So my theory now is something to do with the web page generation for leaf pages...

An early release of 4.3.0 had this listed in hobbitcgi.cfg

CGI_NOTIFYLOG_OPT="--env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"
CGI_HOSTLIST_OPT="--env=/usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"

I have put that in but it only resolved report pages being totally blue.

Another thing I have noticed is my menu (views reports etc) does not show up for the bb2.html page, but it is there for the main page and critical systems page.

Craig