[hobbit] HA solutions

hobbit at alexkeller.de hobbit at alexkeller.de
Tue Feb 10 20:48:07 CET 2009

Hi,

we're running a 2-node Linux-HA cluster using DRBD 8 and Xen.
Xymon/hobbit is installed in a Xen domain.

If a node fails the Xen domain is automatically switched over to the
other node.

With DRBD 8.0.x even live migration is possible. There is no need to use
a cluster filesystem (like ocfs2 or gfs).
Have a look at
http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/drbd-806-brings-full-live-migration-for-xen-on-drbd

Our current installation uses Debian Etch 4.0, Xen 3.2 (Backports), DRBD
(Source) and Heartbeat 2.1.x (Backports).

Regards,
Alexander