[hobbit] HA solutions

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:36:53 CET 2009

I know there was a thread on this a while back, and if I recall, there was
mention that the 4.3.0 line would have features for HA.

Anyway, I've been working on implementing a 2-node HA Xymon cluster using
LinuxHA, and probably DRBD for shared disk (I have yet to implement DRBD,
though).  The Apache and Xymon services fail over to the other node fairly
nicely, and I have successfully testing that using a shared IP to the Xymon
web page works.  It's still in the early stages of implementation and
testing, but so far it appears hold hold promise.

I'd be interesting in hearing about other HA solutions that have been
implemented (if any).  I don't recall previous mention of LinuxHA, so if no
one else has done it, I'll be glad to update the list with my progress.