[hobbit] How do I update xymon client's configuration file from xymon server ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 23:03:23 CET 2009

Just discover one catch documented at here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO#What_need_to_be_done_.3F

All the external scripts on hobbit client need to be reviewed and to make sure they can send messages to two hobbit server.
T.J. Yang

From: tj_yang at hotmail.comTo: hobbit at hswn.dkDate: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:47:07 -0600Subject: Re: [hobbit] How do I update xymon client's configuration file from xymon server ?

>Why would you need to update that client?See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/HOWTO#Why_.3F>Whatever it is, there is no built in way for the Xymon server to modify config files of the clients, sorry!
Xymon server does support "client binary update" ,see  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/man1/clientupdate.1.html
I am thinking of only upgrade hobbitclients.cfg file in a newer version of xymon client binary tar ball got created on xymon server.

a possible workaround solution but better than login into thousand of machines to do the change.

tj