[hobbit] Xymon monitoring of ESX servers

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 15:30:12 CET 2009

> We use esxi that does not allow you to install anything on the hosts.
> However, vmware does provide you wth a Perl-library
> (http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit/) so that you
> can query your esx(i)-servers about load, network traffic, disk usage
> etc. You query with the library, the virtualcenter server.
>
> We made a Xymon check on the Xymon serer (very quick and dirty) but I
> do have some graphs and info now that is very informative without
> logging in into the vmware console. Just the normal, plain, very
> informative XYmon, yahoo!

Any chance you could share what you did? It would be good to collaborate on this as it definitely seems to be a market need.

Thanks,

Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team
KDE British English Translation Team

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=en_GB

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FriendlyAtheist

Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02