MEMPHYS went nuts

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Sun Dec 20 15:46:30 CET 2009

On Sunday, December 20, 2009, Xymon User in Richmond
<hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Any chance the kernel
> or related components have been updated since the last previous reboot
> and/or since the Xymon build, and that this reboot loaded the changes?

Not a bad question, but no.  There have been no changes in the kernel
or OS for a little while now.  In fact I am hoping to have a chance to
do an update in about two weeks.

The system did reboot unexpectedly, though.  I wouldn't have expected
that to have an effect.  What do you think?

I tried a "controlled" restate just now via shutdown -r now.  After
giving the systema few minutes to talk to itself, it is still
reporting strangely high numbers.

Would it make sense to pkg_delete the Xymon daemon on the observed
host and reinstall it?  Or could that make things worse?

Thanks,
Jaime

--
Network Administrator