Installin xymon on Solaris10

Camelia Anghel canghel at cjh.org
Tue Dec 1 18:06:32 CET 2009

Hello,
I installed xymon on linux--no problems.
Now I was asked to install it on Solaris 10, no so easy..

I've run one time the "./configure.server" in the end there was a
message about "not finding ar" so added the /usr/ccs/bin to the $PATH
I deleted the MAKEFILE and run again the "/configure.server"
I am getting this error message.
"# MAKE=make ./configure.server

Configuration script for Xymon

This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Xymon

Checking your make-utility
GNU make is required to build Xymon.
If it is available as "gmake", run configure as: 'MAKE=gmake
./configure.server' "
If I run the "make" again I am getting
" make: Fatal error: No arguments to build"

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Camelia