Same host 2x in bb-hosts file: 1 for "servers" 1 for services.. How?

William Ottley wottley at cmicanada.com
Mon Apr 27 21:23:53 CEST 2009

Hi all,

One last question here...
I'm trying to structure my page, so that I have 3 areas to test for:
Servers, services & routers/switches/firewall
I'd like to have all the servers listed under the page "servers", with all
the basic xymon client tests.

I'd like to have all the services under another page "services", with
apache, ftp, mysql, etc.

What I came to realize, is that I get an error, because there are 2 host
entries in the bb-hosts file. On top of that, I'd only like to show just
that test for that server, such as "apache", without showing all the other
standard client tests such as "cpu, disk, files"

I looked at the demo site, and I have a bb-hosts file for:
"172.16.10.2     www.hswn.dk"
And setup a client like that, but it comes up with all the standard client
tests.

Can someone point me to documentation that shows how to set up the tests
this way? examples?

Thanks!

William

--
This message has been scanned for dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.