Sys log (UNCLASSIFIED)

Rogers, Mathew T SPC MIL NG ORARNG mathew.t.rogers at us.army.mil
Wed Apr 22 18:27:58 CEST 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I recently implemented Hobbit/xymon 4.2, and have a question.  I looked
through the archives, and didn't find what I was looking for, so if this
question has been answered previously, I apologize.  My supervisor wants all
server logs to stay on the web page for approximately 90 days.  The desire is
to use Hobbit as a syslog server as well as a monitoring tool.  It seems to
me that when new information is sent to the Hobbit server, all the old
information is removed from the web page and put in the data directory.
The question is, Is there a way to make the logs visible on the webpage (when
you click on msgs for each specific server) for 90 days, while still updating
the logs hourly?  Thanks in advance, Mathew Rogers