[hobbit] clear status for files,ports and procs columns for xymon-4.2.2

Nicolas nico at crysto.org
Fri Apr 17 19:58:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

Clear status is not bad, that means it¹s not configured, and sometimes, you
don¹t need it.
Indeed, by default nothing is checked because everybody doesn¹t want to
check oracle process for instance ;-)
It really depends about your devices.

But if you want to configure files,procs, ports, you have to edit the
hobbit-clients.cfg file in $HOBBITHOME/server/etc/ directory.

There is at the begining an help very usefull.

Here an exemple of my own conf for a freebsd box:

HOST=xxxxx.xxx
     PORT "LOCAL=%(.80|.443)$" STATE=LISTEN min=4 max=7 col=yellow
"TEXT=Apache en LISTEN"
     PORT "LOCAL=%(.22)$" STATE=LISTEN min=5 max=5 col=yellow "TEXT=ssh en
LISTEN"
     PROC httpd state=ESTABLISHED min=0 max=600 color=yellow TRACK=http
"TEXT=HTTP actives connexions"
     PROC ssh state=ESTABLISHED min=0 max=20 color=yellow TRACK=ssh
"TEXT=SSH actives connexions "
     PROC /usr/local/sbin/snmpd 1 1 red
     PROC mysqld 5 red
     LOG %/var/log/messages netstat COLOR=yellow
     LOG %/var/log/messages ciss COLOR=red
     FILE /bin/sh MD5=032ff0ffb92fc7b7bbe964b2c1aeda8d
     FILE /bin/csh MD5=baded8472096d90dba5a958f1e9c59ef
     FILE /usr/local/bin/bash MD5=7a68cb44fd900b43b1cde99278ef0574
     MEMSWAP 10 20
     LOAD    1.1 1.5

There is the DEFAULT section at the END of the file.
It matches all the devices, you can add some generic checks here (like the
crond process for instance).

Regards,