[hobbit] At a glance trends

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Apr 16 09:46:09 CEST 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 06:18:29 Josh Luthman wrote:
> Does anyone use a summary page of graphs for multiple servers to combine
> all of the graphs of all of their servers to have a quick at-a-glance for
> everything?
>
> I am interested in seeing any examples or ideas if they are out there.

We use bookmarks to the usual multi-host graphs (not the ones from the
"Metrics Report"). In some cases, we combine these on one HTML page (just with
IMG tags to a multi-host graph), such as one we had showing the mail queues
(where each server has 3 MTA instances, each MTA instance has 3 queues),
showing 9 graphs each with ~15 hosts.

Then, we also use the Devmon-focused weathermap script I have been working on
(though the primary use is showing link utilisation on a diagram, it can now
show test status for non-devmon tests and have popup graphs for non-devmon
tests). I haven't quite finished everything I wanted to finish ... so this
version isn't released yet, but this here is a static copy of what I have
running on my workstation (production is displaying on a large video wall):

http://staff.telkomsa.net/~bgmilne/weathermap/

(the popup graphs on links and nodes won't work from the internet though)

Regards,
Buchan