[hobbit] to test the non-existence of a dir

dOCtoR MADneSs doctor at makelofine.org
Wed Apr 1 11:05:45 CEST 2009

Husemann, Harald a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> hm, first was comes in mind (not tested):
>
> - use a find command in client-local.cfg, like
> 'find / -name "*_FIXED_PART_1*" |'
> - use a regex along with noexist in hobbit-clients.cfg, like:
> FILE %.*_FIXED_PART_1.* red noexist
>
> That should do the trick...
>
> hh
>
> dOCtoR MADneSs schrieb:
>> Josh Luthman a écrit :
>>> Off the top of my head I think you want something like,
>>>
>>> if {-d /this/subdir}
>>> echo BBVAR=green
>>> else
>>> echo BBVAR=red
>>>
>>> I'm sure I'm missing a lot, not looking at it right now.  Pretty
>>> sure -d tests directories.
>>>
>>> Josh Luthman
>>> Office: 937-552-2340
>>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>>> 1100 Wayne St
>>> Suite 1337
>>> Troy, OH 45373
>>>
>>> Those who don't understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
>>> --- Henry Spencer
>>>

>>> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:29 AM, dOCtoR MADneSs
>>> <doctor at makelofine.org <mailto:doctor at makelofine.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     Xymon allow me to test the non existence of file or directory. But
>>>     I'd like a more complex test. In my case, I don't want any
>>>     directory named _FIXED_PART_anything in a whole tree.
>>>     Example :
>>>
>>>     I've
>>>     /toto/_FIXED_PART_1 -> test is red
>>>     /toto/a/sub/directory/_FIXED_PART_hello_world -> test is red
>>>
>>>     So, is there a "normal" way to use "files"  test included in
>>> xymon ?
>>>
>>>     Regards,
>>>     Damien
>>>
>>>     To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to
>>>     hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk <mailto:hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk>
>>>

>> A shell script should look like this :
>>
>> find $TREE -type d -name _FIXED_PART_\*
>> if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
>>     BBVAR=red
>> else
>>     BBVAR=green
>> fi
>>
>> But i prefer to use integrated "files" test

>> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Tks for your help, but your trick didn't work.

I added
file:'find / -type d -name "*_FIXED_PART_*" |'
to my host section in client-local.cfg
then I added
FILE %.*_FIXED_PART_.* red noexist
to my host section in hobbit-clients.cfg

but nothing happens when i created a directory called _FIXED_PART_test
in /tmp (no alert or anything)
in files test, i've the following :

&green 'find / -type d -name "*_FIXED_PART_*" |' <https://www.makelofine.org/xymon-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?CLIENT=stan&SECTION=file:%27find%20/warez%20-type%20d%20-name>

When I click on the link, i've :