[hobbit] Purple Colours

Hobbit User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 31 02:45:27 CET 2008

I don't think you'll ever get satisfactory results trying to run
hobbitclient.sh as such.  It's launched from runclient.sh, which sets
HOBBITCLIENTHOME to the directory path of runclient.sh itself (`dirname
$0`), and that's used in hobbitclient.sh as the path prefix for
/bin/clientupdate, etc.  Without the variable set, hobbitclient.sh is
trying to launch them with a path of /bin, and they are not in /bin.  So
what you're seeing when you do that is normal and not indicative of what's
broke.

/etc/init.d/hobbit restart
should work, it calls runclient.sh after setting some other stuff.