Graph definitions

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Mon Oct 27 05:44:36 CET 2008

Hi all

Is there any way to define a graph definition for values that may or may not be available.

Let's work with CPU temperature, just as an example.

In hobbitserver.cfg, I can define this
NCV_systemp="*:GAUGE"
(And the other ncv definitions)
It then generates rrd files for all the servers.

However, some systems have 1 cpu, some have 2, and some 4.
So the rrd files only have entries for the number of CPUs.

In the hobbitgraph.cfg we can define the graph, with 4 cpu temperatures, but if the rrd file doesn't contain 4 fields (i.e. system has only 2 CPUs), it doesn't generate a graph.
It is also not possible to have a separate graph definition for 1, 2 and 4 CPU systems.

The other way round it, is to have each CPU in a separate file, and define FNPATTERN= with a wildcard.
But how do we get the ncv module to put each field in a sepreate rrd file?

Regards
     Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.