[hobbit] Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg

Ginny Jaworski Ginny.Jaworski at marist.edu
Tue Oct 21 18:57:13 CEST 2008

Hi James,
I haven't gotten that far yet.  I am doing the initial install on an AIX
5.3 server.
These are the commands I've issued:

MAKE=gmake ./configure --client
gmake
gmake install    .... this is were I get the permissions error on

cp -fp runclient.sh /home/hobbit/client
cp -fp hobbitlaunch logfetch clientupdate orcahobbit msgcache
hobbitclient*.sh bb bbcmd bbhostgrep bbhostshow bbdigest
/home/hobbit/client/bin/
../build/merge-sects clientlaunch.cfg
/home/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
sh: ../build/merge-sects: 0403-006 Execute permission denied
sh: ../build/merge-sects: 0403-006 Execute permission denied.
gmake[1]: *** [install] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/m1/hobbit/trunk/client'
gmake: *** [install-client] Error 2

Ginny Jaworski
Marist College
Information Technology
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

(845)575-3940
ginny.jaworski at marist.edu

"James Wade" <jkwade at futurefrontiers.com>
10/21/2008 11:07 AM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

<hobbit at hswn.dk>
cc

Subject
[hobbit] Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg

Hello,

We have archive logs that get attached as external storage.
These filesystems get filled causing alerts. We would like
to disable them.

I normally set the thresholds to 101 & 102 in the hobbit-clients.cfg
file to ignore alerts on these

types of filesystems.

However, the problem is that these are mounted with
diffrenet names. Example:  disk_archive_Sep08, disk_arch_Oct08

Is there a way to use Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg?

DISK  disk_archive_????? 101 102

Thanks.....James