[hobbit] Comma-separated lists of hostnames, etc. in hobbit-alerts.cfg is not documented

jm54601 at yahoo.com jm54601 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 17:03:01 CEST 2008

I struggled with the same thing through a lot of trial and error.  On a related note, I highly recommend trying to get away from using a comma separated list as it's a nightmare to maintain.  I'm working toward using the PAGE token, where a list of hosts on a given page alerts a group, so you're effectively grouping your hosts based on the support team responsible.  There will still be exceptions, but if you can generalize alerts so all the hosts on a given page can alert the same way, you'll save time and avoid the possibility of a host not having an alert configured.  Just my 2 cents.