Debian Packaging

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue Oct 14 23:49:03 CEST 2008

This email is intended for Christoph Berg, the guy who's packaged hobbit
4.2 for the next Debian version and etch-backports, but I thought others
might be interested.  Keep in mind for this message that I am referring
to this specific source package, not the debian directory included in
Henrik's original source.

I haven't done an in-depth study, but I've noticed that most of what's
in the allinone patch is not included in this packaging effort.  When I
apply the allinone patch against the source tree after debian/rules
applies its patches, only two of the patches fail to apply - the one for
./hobbitd/rrd/do_ncv.c is already applied, and the one for
./hobbitd/wwwfiles/menu/menu_items.js.DIST fails because this file
doesn't exist.  In fact, the enture hobbitd/wwwfiles/menu directory is
empty.

For my production server, I have taken the source package and applied
the allinone and bbwin patches to it, but now I am wondering if that was
a good idea.  Is the allinone patch omitted from the debian package for
a good reason?  Why is that menu directory empty?

Thanks,
Shawn