[hobbit] monitoring DISK with hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 9 10:52:09 CEST 2008

In <200810090944.29145.bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> writes:

>On Wednesday 08 October 2008 19:05:15 Engineering wrote:
>> I believe I have found the issue.  I changed on my client scripts the "-l"
>> to a "-h" to make the readings human readable.

>I don't think Henrik intended this, and it's more than a one-line patch to
>make it possible to use disk utilisation displayed in the human-readable form

Maybe we could have the clients report both ways - using the "-P" option for
feeding data into the graphs, checking utilisation against the client config
and so on - and have a different command whose output is displayed on the
disk status ?

It wouldn't be difficult to implement, but my worry is that there might be
a situation where the two sets of data are slightly different (e.g. rounding
errors, or a rapidly growing file between the two measurements) and that
will be confusing.