Help with setting up BBD to work with BB client or BBWin

Jason Hand jason at hands4christ.org
Sat Oct 4 20:57:26 CEST 2008

Hey Hobbit users!

I am an old BB4 user from many years ago and discovered Hobbit and was
excited to see the new features.  I am however having no luck getting either
the old BB client nor the BBWin client on a windows xp box to talk to
Hobbit.

Hobbit is running on Ubuntu 8.04 server and the BBD service check returns
red on this host I have BB Client and BBWin installed on (yes I make sure
only one is running at one time, but I put both on to test).  It reports
that the BBD service is unavailable: connection refused.

I have turned off the windows firewall on this machine and don't have any
other firewall running on this machine.

In order to make sure that Hobbit is set up to talk to either BB client or
BBWin what is the basics of the set up to the .cfg files?

Thanks for any help!

-Jason