[hobbit] Xymon Themes

Christopher Garrett ctg24 at admin.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:04:49 CET 2008

Hi,

If a new theme is being considered, as well as a logo, I'd like you to see what our current hobbit installation looks like (see attached).  I like the fact that the display is clear at a distance on the default hobbit look - the black background really makes things stand out more than a white background - so I haven't changed that aspect of it.  I've just changed the icons and the layout somewhat.

The black background lends hobbit a different feel to its competitors out there at the moment (big sister, nagios etc) and (I think) makes the display clearer - I would be keen to retain that.

Also (and I think someone else has mentioned this) please consider colour blindness in any new theme.  Two of my fellow sysadmins are red-green colour blind. The current default is good because it uses saturated colours and animated/shaped icons despite its basis on red, green and yellow.

Finally, I would like to mention that it would be really really nice if a future version of hobbit made more use of CSS and was a little more themer-friendly.

Best regards,

Chris.