[hobbit] problesms with msgs monitor

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Mon Nov 10 15:46:37 CET 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008, jose erquicia wrote:
> hello
> thanks for the aswer.
>
> i mean that is possible that client-local.cfg where diasapear.
> could hobbit be still working whitout that file?
> in that case cuold i write a new client -local file to replace the missing
> one? i did it but donĀ“t work.
> maybe i need to configure any other file?
>
> Now i have a hobbit server and some hobbit clients but also many bb
> clients working.
> thats why i said to change this hobbit client , and place a bb one and
> configure it  to analize logs .
>  msgs row , you know
Sorry, but I have no idea about what you are trying to do.
If you install a hobbit server, you get the client-local.cfg in the etc
directory.  And as long as nobody removed the file, it will not disappear.  I
think hobbit server can run fine without one.
For the client, you can choose between the hobbit client or the bb client.
The hobbit server will understand both protocols.  But if you want to use the
client-local.cfg to configure the monitoring of the logfiles on the client,
you need the hobbit client.  If you want to use the bb client, be free to do
so, but you can not use the file client-local.cfg to configure the
monitoring.

Stef