[hobbit] setting up multiple servers

J. Bobby Lopez bobby.lopez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:50:09 CET 2008

I guess with Hobbit 4.2.0, there is no 'etc/hobbitclient.cfg', as it
has been replaced by 'hobbit-clients.cfg' ?

When I configure my two Hobbit servers as discussed below, I see that
there is only one server which lists the 'hobbitd' service.  The other
one ishows ' - '.

Is this normal?  Is the general idea that if both Hobbit servers are
in-sync, that 'hobbitd' on a per-system basis is irrelevant, and so it
only shows one?

(screenshot attached)

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:40:06AM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> I m a bit unclear as to the syntax used for the BBDISPLAYS variable.

> If I want to set up 2 servers, for redundancy, I set BBDISP to 0.0.0.0,
> but what is used for separating the servers in BBDISPLAYS ? Just a
> blank, a comma, ... ?

A blank.

> And on the replicated servers, I guess that I have to modify both
> server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg and client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg with those
> same settings ?

Correct. Especially, make sure your clients are configured to send data

to both servers.

J. Bobby Lopez
Web: http://jbldata.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jbobbylopez