[hobbit] hobbit-holidays.cfg not present

Linder, Doug (SABIC Innovative Plastics, consultant) Doug.Linder at sabic-ip.com
Wed May 28 17:03:00 CEST 2008

Josh Luthman [mailto:josh at imaginenetworksllc.com] wrote:

> Pretty confident your only option to enable holidays is to
> get the snapshot.  4.3.0 has yet to release - please do not
> ask when it will be released =)

I won't ask when it will be released, I'm just glad there is development
going on.  To those of you doing the development, thank you.  You may
want to update the Sourceforge page every once in a while, though, so
people don't think the project is entirely dead.  When I went there I
was afraid the whole project had collapsed, judging from the dates of
last updates and the one lonely guy in the messgae forum saying "Is this
project alive?" - and that appears to be the only forum message in the
last couple years.

I'm relieved to hear, on this list, that hobbit is being actively
developed.  You don't have to promise release dates or anything, but you
may want to just post a note on the Sourceforge page every couple months
saying "the project sis still alive and under development" or "Maybe a
new version sometime later this year" or whatever.

I'm curious about what people mean when they say they're running "4.2.0
with the all-inclusive patch".  Hobbit has patches?  I didn't even know.
I thought the 4.2.0 source code package was the latest thing.  Posting
patches at Sourceforge might also not be a bad idea.

Anyways just a suggestion.  Thanks for the work on the project, Josh.

Doug Linder