[hobbit] oracle question

Callahan, Tom CallahanT at tessco.com
Tue May 20 22:03:39 CEST 2008

Bb-roracle reads our /etc/oratab if I remember correctly, to determine the
active/available SID¹s on your machine.

If you are running RAC, then the instance¹s are not named RMAN... By your
example they would be RMAN1 and RMAN2 depending on the physical node. OEM1
would be OEM running on that physical node, but I assume you now are using
Grid Control instead. OEM hails from pre-10g.

Check your /etc/oratab and make sure it reflects what you are currently
running. Make sure your bb-roracle.ids file contains the correct SID to be
testing for that physical node. You also need to point bb-roracle at the
correct ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN values if I remember correctly.