Remove square brackets from Alerts

Allan Spencer allan at zandahar.net
Tue May 20 03:45:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

Ive had a bit of a hunt around for this but didnt find anything. We're
in the process of looking at a new email-to-sms provider and just found
out that square brackets and a bunch of others are not supported so I
need to know if I can remove them from the alert code or somehow
generate the message in a way that it doesnt send them.

Currently I basically have the following

HOST=*
SCRIPT /home/monitor/server/bin/smsalert.sh 04xxxxxxxx reapt=15m
duration=>10m recovered format=sms

and the smsalert.sh
echo "${BBALPHAMSG:0:160}" | gnokii --sendsms "$RCPT"

It all works fine and comes out as host.domain.com:svcs red [ackcode[
which is where the problem is. I had a plan originally to be able to
reply back to the msg and ack the alert but currently its not being used
so removing the ack code is an option but my preference is to remove the
brackets if possible.

If anyone could assist it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Allan