client-local.cfg ignore regexp

Ricardo Alberto Schutz ricardo at redix.com.br
Thu May 8 19:57:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

In hobbit-clients.cfg I had a problem with regular expressions above 555
characters, so I tried to put some keywords in the client-local.cfg this
way...

e.g.:
[linux]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore %User.*printed\s\d+\spages|name\slookup\sfailed

I tried with and without the % sign. None worked. Not even "ignore
lookup" worked. And yes, I waited at least 2 poll periods.
Searching old e-mails, one said it was needed to install a snapshot
newer than may 16 2006.

We are running version 4.2.0 downloaded from the official website with
the latest all-in-one patch (2007-02-09). So it's not that old.

--
Ricardo Alberto Schütz - Consultor
Redix - Gestão em T.I. com Software Livre
http://www.redix.com.br - contato at redix.com.br
Tel. Coml.: +55 (47) 3323-7313
Tel. Cel.: +55 (47) 9186-9868