FW: [hobbit] tooltips, current snapshot 15-Jan-08

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Mar 27 16:37:53 CET 2008

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 08:59:41AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
>> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry this has taken much too long. The attached patch will make
>>> "--tooltips=always" (or =never, if you so prefer) work on the BB2
>>> page also.
>>> Goes on top of any recent snapshot.
>> I applied this patch and use '--tooltips=never', but the issue still
>> remains.  Anyone else have success?  We are using snapshot
>> 4.3.0-0.20080103, which is older and might be the cause for the failure.
>
> Ok, then please refresh my memory: What commandline options do you use
> for bbgen, what pages end up having tooltips (i.e. the COMMENT text
> only shows up in a tooltip), and what pages end up having the COMMENT
> text next to the hostname ?

Here is my command line (others may have something different):

[bbdisplay]
  <snip>
         CMD bbgen $BBGENOPTS --report --tooltips=never --rss
--rsslimit=red --nopropyellow=dbmaint

The info column page has the tooltips displayed the way I would expect
them to.

The DESCR and COMMENT info is displayed next to the hostname on bb2.html.

If needed, I can send you a screenshot to help visualize.

Thanks,
Tom