Possible to have Hobbit retain and use cookies?

Martin Rogers martin.e.rogers at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:22:22 CET 2008

We have an issue in using Hobbit to monitor a system of WebLogic and Oracle
application servers.  Hobbit is monitoring each of our 4 WebLogic servers on
a regular (30/60 second) basis.  By default, WebLogic creates a unique
HTTPSession when each request is served; this is keyed with a JSESSIONID
cookie which is sent back with the reply.  A browser, or our load generator
(Grinder) retains the cookie.

Hobbit seems to be discarding these cookies; the result is that each request
is generating a new Session.  This has little performance overhead, but
serves to confuse our WebLogic statistics; we can not tell how many 'real'
users there are logged on to our system, because they are masked by 700+
'hobbit' sessions.

It is possible to have Hobbit retain these cookies and send with subsequent
requests to the same URL?

Martin